Art journaling is one of those hobbies that seems like it costs a lot of money, but actually doesn’t. With just some basic materials and creativity, you can make beautiful journals without breaking the bank. Here are ten cheap junk journaling supplies you can use.
7 cheap journaling supplies
1. Paper – This is probably the most important part of your art journal. You want to choose a quality paper that feels nice and isn’t too thick. Pick something thin enough to write on, but still sturdy enough to hold up over time. A good rule of thumb is to pick a weight that’s about 25% heavier than what you normally use for writing. For example, if you usually write on regular printer paper, go with 80# paper.
2. Pens/Pencils – These don’t have to be expensive. In fact, there are tons of great options out there for under $10. If you’re looking for something fancy, consider getting a set of watercolor pencils. They come in a variety of colors and are super easy to dip into paint.
3. Brushes – There are a ton of different kinds of brushes out there. From synthetic bristles to natural bristle brushes, you can find anything you might need for your art journal. But the best option is always going to be a pack of inexpensive makeup brushes. Not only will they give you plenty of options, but they’re also really affordable.
4. Paintbrushes – While you could spend hundreds of dollars on high end paints, there are plenty of options out there that won’t break the bank. One of my favorites is Winsor & Newton brand acrylic paint. Their brush sizes are perfect for mixing small amounts of color.
5. Palette – Most people think that an artist needs to buy a huge palette full of paint to start creating. However, a simple palette knife will work perfectly fine for smaller projects. Plus, palettes are a great way to organize your supplies.
6. Watercolors – I’m a big fan of watercolors because they’re relatively inexpensive, mix well, and dry fast. As long as you have access to water, you can create amazing artwork.
7. Gel pens – Gel pens are super affordable and give you a wide range of colors.
3 affordable notebooks for journaling
Bullet journals are great because they help you track everything in one place, but it can be hard to find notebooks that fit into your lifestyle. You might spend hours looking online, trying different brands, and comparing prices, but there are some cheap options out there. Here are three affordable notebooks that won’t break the bank.
1. Moleskine Classic Hardcover Notebook
The classic Moleskine notebook is known for being durable, portable, and stylish. This notebook features a spiral binding and elastic closure.
2. 3M Post-Its
3M makes sticky notes that stick for days, and now you can use them to make your bullet journal. These post-its come in packs of 50 sheets, making them ideal for smaller projects like daily lists.
3. A5 Spiralbound Notebook
A5 spiral bound notebooks are perfect for recording important information such as appointments, to do lists, and even grocery lists. They’re small enough to carry around everywhere, and they look good enough to put on display.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a new journaling system, check out these inexpensive options. They’re perfect for keeping track of your thoughts, feelings, and experiences throughout the year. If you can’t find it at your local stationary shop, try using an online shop like Amazon!
If you have any questions, thoughts, or a comment, feel free to contact us anytime! We’d love to hear from you.